Sleep is one of my favourite things to do! I love winding down and relaxing before bed then finally getting into my comfy soft bed and drifting off to sleep. I have a simple routine of things I like to do before I go to bed.
Life can sure be hectic at times as we all have things in our lives that can be stressful at times whether it be our jobs, family life or just 2020 vibes rolling into 2021. I like to take a little time out and try to make sure I get a good nights sleep so I am ready for the day.
Check out my post on 10 simple things I like to do
- Read a book – I love reading and my favourite time to read is an hour or two before bedtime. I find reading helps relax me before bed. Another great thing is that you can read in bed too which makes it great just before drifting off to dreamland.
- Have a warm drink – Whether it be warm milk or chamomile tea a drink before bed is a great way to relax. Finding out what works for you can be a great way to help in a bedtime routine.
- Excercise – I like to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day as I find it helps relax me for the rest of the day. My favourite exercises to do have to be either yoga or taking a walk depending on my mood or the weather lol!
- Use a pillow spray – Not only do these smell amazing but they can also help you sleep as they are infused with lavender and chamomile. The combination of those ingredients helps soothe and help you get a better nights sleep. Many of these pillow sprays have many other products in their range such as balms and moisturisers.
- Turn off the technology – If you’re on your phone you could be looking at Twitter or Youtube one minute and 5 videos in you realise its 3 am. How do I know this? Well, this has been me before, switching off the tech really helps. I know it can be hard at first but slowly does it. Simply take it away 10 minutes at a time and slowly add it up so its at least an hour before bed.
- Take some time for skincare – I really find doing skincare before bed very soothing. I love taking off my makeup and doing my skincare routine. Nighttime is a much more intense relaxing routine which includes serums and deep moisturisers.
- Get ready for bed earlier – I like putting on my pyjamas on about 8 pm. This way I can wind down, brush my teeth and go to bed. I don’t need to be half-asleep look for my PJs and be uncomfy.
- Have a warm shower or bath – I just love either of these! I think they are a great way to distress and an excuse to put PJs on. I feel so much more relaxed if I have a shower before bed.
- Light candles – I love having candles on in the evening. Their warming glow is nice to look at and scented candles are so soothing. My favourites have to be lavender, pink sands and anything with spice. Don’t forget to blow out the candles before bed though!
- Have a bedtime routine – I know this may not always be possible with a busy lifestyle such as work or being a parent but having a basic outline can make a difference. I have a setting on my phone which tells me to settle down for the night and also when its bedtime. That way my body is ready for sleep.
What do you think of the simple ways to get a good nights sleep? Do you do any of these? If you have any more tips on getting a good nights sleep please add them in the comments
Until next time