Vegan food doesn’t have to be hard to make, It can be so simple and fast to make. Now many of our favourite foods can be made plant-based. For example, I enjoyed scrambled eggs on toast before but now I have a simple tofu scramble recipe that I can make every day for an affordable price. This recipe is very simple with ingredients you can find in your local supermarket, no need for searching all over.
But do you get your protein?
I love this recipe because it’s under 300 calories and has about 25g of protein. I like getting the right amount of protein a day and eating things like this makes it so much easier. Plant protein is easier to get once you know.
This recipe is inspired by Simnett Nutrition for the recipe, he makes healthy vegan meals look easy! His channel has many recipes and fitness so recommend that if you are into fitness and food like me.
- frying pancake
- Potato Masher
- hand blender
- 1 Block of Tofu
- ½ tbsp red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp Kala Namak
- 3 sprays fry light olive oil
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp optional (nutrionel yeast)
- start by getting all what you need ready, its much easier than looking around while cooking.
- Chop up the onion and pepper in a hand blender and pop them in the frying pan when it hot with the frylight.
- Drain the tofu roughly, just get rid of much water as you can. Then you pop the block of tofu in the frying pan with the onions and peppers. Then you mash it with a potato masher ( you can also crumble it in your hands before frying if that's easier)
- Keep moving the tofu in the pan so it cooks and absorbs the flavour of the onions and the pepper.
- Pour the spices over the tofu and you notice the tofu turn a lovely yellow colour ( so much like egg) you will also notice the eggy smell from the kala namak. Once all the tofu is covered ahen add a dash f soy milk which helps make it more egg like. Once its all covered the tofu is ready!
- Enjoy with toast or any way you!
Tofu scramble is so versatile that you can make it with so many options. Mushrooms, cheese, olives or whatever you like! This recipe is made up of what I enjoy so feel free to do what you like to make it the way you enjoy.
Check out my other vegan recipes below