2020 has definitely been a year to remember for so many reasons and most of them being things we want to forget about. Thankfully we now have a vaccine and hopefully, in 2021 there will be much more happiness and catching up with life.
Even though 2020 has been with a lot of negatives with Covid, I have had positives in life such as reading more, spending time with my kids and basically having mre time to relax. I am going with the positive vibes and sharing some things that can brighten up the festive season.
Fun things to do this festive season
- Make Christmas cards – This is something I have always wanted to do but not got round to doing. It adds a little personal touch especially if you haven’t seen the person you are sending it to for a while.
- Do some baking – I love baking all year round but during the festive season it has a little more love involved. I love adding Christmas style flavours such as cinnamon, fruit and mint.
- Call family/friends – I always smile talking to my friends and family no matter the time of year. During the festive season, it’s nice to reminisce about fun stories from growing up or recent fun memories.
- Learn a new hobby – Growing up I learnt many new crafts but over the years I forgot about them. I really want to start cross-stitching again soon.
- Watch Christmas Movies– I love watching Christmas movies, they always make me either laugh, smile or a mix of both. My favourites are the Grinch, Home Alone and Christmas Chronicles.
- Have your own fashion show– I think these are so fun to do especially if you live with family or friends. This can also be done on facetime, just like you have your own audience. I like to dress in random combinations and strut down the hallway.
- Get or make festive drinks. – I bought myself a festive drink from Costa the other day and enjoyed it but they can be easily made at home. I might even post some recipes soon.
- Put up Christmas Decorations – If you’re like me you might have put up decorations early. I love adding decorations here and there whenever I see some lovely decorations while shopping.
- Make plans for the new year – This year has been memorable for sure, so looking forward to the new year is something. I am writing in my planner holidays, books and things I want to do for the new year coming.
- Listen to Christmas playlists – December is the time to whip out the cheesy Christmas hits from past and present. Put on your dancing shoes and dance away.
- Have a pyjama day – Pyjamas have to be the comfiest things ever. Have a day with pyjamas, duvet and pop on some movies.
- Self-care time for you – You have probably been running around buying presents, organising food and writing cards that you have forgotten about you, take time and enjoy some self-care. Even if you haven’t been doing those things thinking of you is important too.
- A Candy Cane Hunt – During easter its typical to have an easter egg hunt but who says you can’t do it during Christmas? I will be hiding these around my home and see who finds the most.
- Play games – This could be board games like monopoly or online games with friends and family you can’t be with.
- Wear Festive Clothing– Whether it be a silly Christmas jumper or cosy socks, these add some fun to every day.
- Make Christmas Dinner – This is so much more fun when you plan. I am not sure what we are having yet but it will be organised with foods we all love.
- Make a personalised calendar – I love doing this as its something personal to you and every month you have something you love that no one else will have the same as.
- Have a refreshing walk – I just love long walks, they are refreshing and a great way to relax.
- Do some reading – Obviously, this can be done whenever but with the holidays coming up they are more time to spend on books.
- Get crafty– Whether is rock painting, making your own decoration or simply colouring in a colouring book, these are such fun things to do.
What fun things are you going to be doing this festive season?
Until next time