It’s been a little while since my last weight loss post updates, just over a year. I posted ‘I’ve Lost 40lbs in Lockdown‘ back in March 2021, about that time it was roughly my halfway point. It’s been 22 months since I started my journey in 2020 and since then I lost 80lbs+ in just under 2 years!
In my previous post, I said I am here for the long haul, It took time for me. Check out my post on my process.
Things I learnt on my weight loss journey
- Food & Fitness culture can be very toxic – Jeez, they are so much bullshit advice on the internet. It’s just a web of finding the good stuff between the negative. I am not a fan of avoiding food groups and I enjoy treats. But trust me you are sure to find people shouting so-called ‘facts’—all the colliding, so-called advice used to give me a headache.
- Recipe Books were and still are a huge help – I am not the best cook on the planet, but I do like to try. Ever since I started my journey, I know how to cook more than ever. Some of my favourites are Bosh Healthy Vegan and Pinch & Nom.
- Using apps can be helpful – I use Nutracheck which is a calorie-counting app which helps track your food and exercise. I like doing 5:2 on it right now. Another app I use is a sleep app which helps improve my sleep and also I use a period tracker.
Keep reading for more
- It takes time – I think that’s the biggest reason I have failed in the past because I have expected results in months. In reality, I noticed the biggest changes in myself after 10 months. Others noticed well after a year.
- Find an exercise and enjoy it – I used to try to go to the gym and do HIIT but I didn’t like either. Now I do home workouts with either cardio or strength training. I also like doing at least 10,000 steps a day.
I know weight fluctuates with many factors in life such as hormones. I am in the ballpark now where I want to be. The main aim for me is to keep exercising and hopefully define my muscles a little more. I am very proud of my journey and I have enjoyed the process.
Hopefully, the next update won’t be too long away.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Any questions ask away in the comments, Il try my best to answer them